DYANAVEL XR, Quillivant XR, and QuilliChew ER are federally controlled substances (CII) because they can be abused or lead to dependence. Keep these medicines in a safe place to prevent misuse and abuse. Selling or giving away these medicines may harm others and is against the law. Tell your doctor if you, your child, or any family members have ever abused or been dependent on alcohol, prescription medicines, or street drugs.
DYANAVEL® XR DOSING & ADMINISTRATION
DYANAVEL® XR (amphetamine) lets you or your child start medication slowly
How to take DYANAVEL® XR (amphetamine)
Read the Instructions for Use for DYANAVEL XR you received from your pharmacist before taking DYANAVEL XR and every time you get a refill so that you have the most up-to-date instructions.
If you have any questions, talk to your healthcare provider about your or your child’s medical condition or treatment.
- Check the DYANAVEL XR bottle to make sure that the bottle adapter has been inserted into the bottle by the pharmacist. Do not remove the bottle adapter.
- Check to make sure your pharmacist has given you an oral dosing dispenser.
- Tell your pharmacist if an oral dosing dispenser is not provided or the bottle adapter is missing from the neck of the bottle.
- Shake the bottle well (up and down).
- Check the DYANAVEL XR oral dosing dispenser to find the right dose in milliliters (mL) that you or your child’s healthcare provider has prescribed.
- Place the DYANAVEL XR bottle upright and insert tip of the oral dosing dispenser into the bottle.
- Push the plunger all the way down.
- With the oral dosing dispenser in place, hold the DYANAVEL XR bottle with 1 hand and turn the bottle upside down. Pull the plunger down until the white end of the plunger reaches the number of mLs you need for the prescribed dose.
- Turn the bottle over and place upright on a counter top, then remove the oral dosing dispenser from the bottle adapter.
- Place the tip of the oral dosing dispenser into you or your child’s mouth. Point the tip toward the cheek and slowly push the plunger all the way down to give the DYANAVEL XR dose.
- Put the DYANAVEL XR cap back on the bottle and close tightly.
- Clean the oral dosing dispenser after each use by placing in the dishwasher, or by rinsing with tap water.
Keep DYANAVEL XR and all medicines out of the reach of children.